
I have begun teaching the novel Swallowing Stones by Joyce McDonald once again. Teaching this novel to my two English II classes this semester will be the eleventh and twelfth classes I have taught this novel to.
I am still using this novel to teach direct and indirect characterization. I do want to, of course, change some things. I always do some things differently. I want to experiment with journaling about the teaching of this novel. Maybe I can get lucky and get some input from other teachers who have taught this novel or are least teaching a similar novel.
I hope that journaling or blogging about teaching the novel this time will help me keep better track of what I am changing in my teaching of the novel and what I am maintaining. We shall see...
I am still using this novel to teach direct and indirect characterization. I do want to, of course, change some things. I always do some things differently. I want to experiment with journaling about the teaching of this novel. Maybe I can get lucky and get some input from other teachers who have taught this novel or are least teaching a similar novel.
I hope that journaling or blogging about teaching the novel this time will help me keep better track of what I am changing in my teaching of the novel and what I am maintaining. We shall see...

No comments:
Post a Comment